Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Luck of the Irish



Todd is a leprechaun at heart. There is nothing that makes him happier right now than to put on one of my Celtic CD's, and then with his hands carefully grasping his waist, he will leap and jump around the front room to show me how well he has mastered his "leprechaun dancing."


Last Saturday I took Todd to see the Irish Dancers at the Crawdad Festival. He was so excited, and kept talking about all the different things he could teach the dancers to do. The conversation turned to nicknames, and I told him that mine is Lucky, just like the Lucky Charms leprechaun. Todd thought about it and said, "That is going to be my name from now on, too." "Why?" I asked him, "Do you have the luck of the Irish?"


He looked at me sternly, and with the deepest of convictions he replied, "No, I AM the luck of the Irish." (May 18, 2007)

No comments: