Monday, May 21, 2007

Let's Roll, Todd



United Flight 93 Heroes - Todd Beamer, one of my heroes


"The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great name and the inheritance of a great example."

Layout by me - Jennifer Wellborn

Journaling reads: Dear Todd, It has been almost three years since that fateful day. I was nearly 8 months pregnant that morning as I watched the devastation unfolding on my television screen. As the next few days passed, and the story of the courage and faith that you and your fellow passengers acted upon became known, I knew that I would name my baby boy “Todd” in your honor. My heart broke for Lisa even as my admiration for her grew. I knew she was pregnant, too, and as each of the remaining days of my pregnancy passed, I thought of her and wondered how she was faring. Your daughter was born only a few months after my Todd was, and as he goes through each new stage, I think of Morgan, and all that you cannot experience with her now. I still keep your family in my prayers, and every time I read a new article about them I am struck again with the faith and courage Lisa displays. I want my son to know that there are real-life heroes, that there are men of this time who draw upon their faith for strength during the worst of times. As he grows and looks to history for examples of what real men do, I will remind him that his very name comes from a man who exemplified this with his very life. Thank you for rallying with the others that morning, and foiling the evil plans of those who sought to destroy America. Thank you for living the kind of life that young boys can admire and look up to. I hope we can meet in the eternities, and that I will have raised the kind of man that you will be proud to have carried your name.

No comments: